Table of Contents
What is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM)?
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a system for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers. The main goal of a CRM is to improve business relationships. The CRM system according to Salesforce helps businesses stay connected to customers, improve profitability and streamline processes.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a cloud computing service as a software (SaaS) company that specializes in customer relationship management (CRM). Salesforce’s services allow businesses to use cloud technology to better connect with customers, partners and potential customers. The software has become the number one for customer success and helps businesses track customer activity, market to customers and many more services.
Which objects does Salesforce support?
Salesforce supports several different types of objects. Standard objects are objects that are included with Salesforce. Common business objects like Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity are all standard objects.
What is a lead?
A lead is basically an individual or organization with an interest in what you are selling, whether they are goods or services. The interest is expressed by sharing contact information, like an email or a phone number. Leads are typically obtained through the referral of an existing customer or through a direct response to advertising or publicity.
On this article we will explain how to generate leads from the contact form in your website. For this specific example, we will use Web-to-Leads. A Web-to-Lead form is an essential component of marketing and sales automation. Its purpose is to capture data submitted by website visitors, such as contact information and product interest, and store it as a “Lead” record in a CRM product, in this case Salesforce.
1.Create a Salesforce account ( if you haven’t yet )
2. Login to your Salesforce account
- Click the Gear Icon at the top-right corner and then Setup.
- On the left side there is a quick find search
- Search for Web-to-Lead
- Click in the Web-to-Lead item under Marketing as shown in the image below.
3. Create the Web-to-Lead form.
- Click on the Create Web-to-Lead From button as shown in the image below.
4. Setup the Web-to-Lead form.
- Add or remove the available fields in your form by using the Add/Remove buttons. You can add as many fields as you need.
- Position the fields as you need by using the Up/Down buttons.
- Enter a “return url” link that will be shown when the form is submitted. Any page works, but the “Thank You” page is preferable.
- (Optional) Add captcha in the form by selecting the “include reCaptcha in HTML” option.
- Click Generate button as shown in the image below:
5. Copy the HTML code in a Page or a post.
- Copy the HTML code that has been generated.
- Click Finished button.
- Paste this Code in a Page or Post depending where you want the form.
- If you are using WordPress, Add a new page/post and click the text button in the right corner and paste the HTML code.
- Publish the Page
6. Test the integration
- Open the page/post you have created.
- Fill out the form and click Submit.
- Go to Salesforce > Leads and check if the Lead has been created.
Viola! Now your Web-to-Lead submissions will automatically appear as Leads in your Salesforce account.